Processing Automation Lead (Delta V)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
A technical, scientific position bringing innovation to bioprocess sciences. This lab based role delivers technical solutions for the advancement and optimization of purification processes that meet industry demands and maintain Lonza Pharma Biotech & Nutrition as a leading contract manufacturer.
- Work in the R&D group to design and implement hardware for process automation.
- Design and write automation recipes to support execution of cross-functional studies (upstream and downstream).
- Plans, executes and troubleshoots complex (non-routine) experimental studies.
- Author technical reports with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations.
- Manage R&D automation libraries, documentation of implementation and maintenance.
- Support technology implementation in development, pilot and manufacturing operations.
- Adhere to Safety, Health and Environmental practices; support safety and risk assessments; comply with required cGxP, documentation, data integrity and training standards.
- Lead general laboratory organization and maintenance; support activity planning and resource management
- Is responsible for ensuring that studies are scientifically sound and in line with current regulatory guidance and expectations.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate Degree in Biological Sciences/Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/Chemistry or have equivalent relevant experience
- In depth experience of Delta V system and integration.
- In-depth knowledge and laboratory skills in chromatography and filtration systems to perform preparative scale protein purification.
- Experience in one or more of topics: high-throughput screening, continuous processing, or automation control.
- Experience with technology development, evaluation and implementation in bioprocessing and / or biotechnology discipline.
- Experience with use of statistical methods for study design (DOE) and multivariate data analysis.
- Working knowledge of analytical methods for characterization of biological molecules.
- Experience with technical or commercials operations in the manufacture of biological molecules is desirable.
- Working understanding of regulatory requirements and / or cGMP is desirable.
- Experience with bioprocess unit operations modelling and / or bioprocess cost modelling is desirable.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.