Scientist, Analytical Development
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an immediate opening and new growth opportunity for an Analytical Scientist at their Bend, OR location. As an Analytical Scientist you will be responsible for method development and validation to support process development, tech transfer, release testing, and stability activities for our programs.
- Document all experiments and results thoroughly with detailed observations
- Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies and goals
- Critically assess experimental data and provide interpretation of results
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols
- Prepare detailed scientific presentations for clients, colleagues, and management
- Participate in data reviews and client discussions
- Demonstrate a high level of professional expertise in one or more technical areas
- Act as mentor/coach for developing Research Chemists and Engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry or related subject and substantial related work experience; or Graduate degree in Analytical Chemistry and related experience
- Experienced in method development, qualification, and validation
- Familiarity with analyzing and interpreting common analytical techniques such as particle sizing, HPLC (High-Performance Liquid Chromatography), and KF (Karl Fischer)
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, customer focused environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research and manufacturing environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.