Sr Process Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Sr. Process Engineer is in charge of management of site capital projects as well as continuous improvement projects and supporting daily operations such as deviations and CAPAs. Planning and Execution of capital projects. Process engineering and capital project management. Responsibility for cost, schedule and deliverables in all phases of capital projects as approved either with Engineering Study Requests or Capital Authorization Requests. Total investment cost up to $1OM with up to three projects in parallel. Lead investigations in Trackwise for deviations and CAPA's involving eQuipment and facility/utility.
- Deliver capital projects on time, within budget and according to specifications. Up to three projects in parallel with projects from $250,000 to $10,000,000.
- Perform project controls for cost and schedule according to engineering standards: Measure progress, forecast cost spend and report to Project Director/Project Steering Committee and initiate preventative and corrective actions
- Development and management of site Capital Plan
- Build, coordinate and manage the project teams, cross functional, local or regional. In each project 3-6 engineers or professionals.
- Develops projects scope, schedules, cost, and justifications and performs financial planning and assists in analysis phase to justify projects submitted to the CAPEX approval process.
- Independently plans, schedules and leads cross-functional team(s) in detailed phase pf the engineering responsibility for projects and operational improvement, corrective initiatives.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with City Of Hayward, CA state, and federal EPA regulation and laws. Specific responsible engineered system design, project installation, maintenance and operations managed within regulating agencies to include but not limited to City Of Hayward Building & Safety, BAAQMD, City Bureau of Sanitation, CAL OSHA and OSHA.
- Plan, directs and executes CAPEX Projects and annual PlanUBusiness Unit shutdown assigned responsibilities within authorized budget and schedule compliance.
- Troubleshoot and support daily operations in the plant. SME for USP and DSP.
- Investigate deviations and CAPA's for engineering and install corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence of deviations related to equipment and process.
- Manufacturing – Pharmaceutical – Advanced Experience
- Bachelors - Engineering or other Scientific Field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Embraces a culture of sharing knowledge and training others.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Solid understanding of inter-department maintenance operations.
- Proficient at driving methods of change in achieving productivity improvement goals
- Mature business acumen demonstrated by understanding the role maintenance plays in Lonza
- Solid knowledge of CMMS systems, preferably SAP Plant Maintenance module.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, exposure to cGMP guiding work practices and principles
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.