Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Geleen is looking for a Manufacturing Manager to join our Manufacturing team. The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing the manufacturing activities of Lonza’s cGMP multi-product Cell and Gene Therapy contract plant in Geleen, the Netherlands. Lead a team of Manufacturing Leads to deliver planned plant output in compliance with all cGMP, QA and company policies. Actively collaborate with leaders across the other departments at Lonza Netherlands and the Lonza global network to ensure that best manufacturing practices are continuously developed, implemented and improved, including aseptic processing practices. This role includes a strong focus on the development of Manufacturing team members.
- Manages the daily activities of the Cell Therapy contract manufacturing plant and ensures compliance with cGMP and Lonza regulations and policies. Establishes and maintains the master production schedule.
- Fosters improvement of aseptic practices applied in the manufacturing facility.
- Generates production models for multi-product contract manufacturing with the goal to ensure accurate and optimal short and long term resource planning and forecasting.
- Energetically drives operational improvement programs to increase efficiency, streamline workflows, reduce turnover and increase profitability.
- Manages the screening, hiring, training, evaluation, coaching and counseling of cell therapy operations technician, and Manufacturing Leads.
- Where required, oversees the development, implementation, and upkeep of departmental SOP’s, BRM’s and other written materials as required.
- Actively supports technology transfer of products and processes into manufacturing.
- Participates in Customer visits and audit/regulatory inspections as necessary.
- Participates in establishing departmental budgets and monitors expenses.
- Prepares monthly management reports, including budget reporting, CARs and other documents required to support the growth and profitability of the business.
- Develops effective and sustainable plant governance systems to control and monitor plant performance and timely delivery of production output.
- Directly supervises daily production and lab duties as needed.
- Accepts accountability for variance and deviation generation rates and ensure their timely closure.
- Attends and proactively participates in strategic decision meeting (Asset Leadership Meeting and departmental Functional Leadership Meeting).
- Master or equivalent in Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical
- Proven People’s managerial skills in a complex, changing environment.
- Mentoring skills for direct reports in a supervisory role (Manufacturing Leads).
- Able to have helicopter view of departmental and site status.
- Internal and external customer orientation.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Pragmatic approach to change behavior or strategy based on new information.
- Strong ability to cooperate with other departmental managers.
- Excellent ability to communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Positive can do attitude, good listener.
- Able to make quality decisions independently, knows when to consult with the Quality department.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.