Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking to hire a Process Engineer to join our Process Engineering team at Tuas site in Singapore. You will be responsible for process engineering activities that support the successful manufacture of biologics products in Lonza Singapore. As subject matter experts, maintain the interface across all supporting functions (MSAT, Automation, QA, Maintenance, OPEX, EHS) and Manufacturing to ensure seamless manufacturing of product through fit for purpose, reliable equipment design, continuous improvement of process and successful Technical Transfers.
- Provide operational and process support for the successful and uninterrupted operation of manufacturing systems used in manufacture of biologics products like bioreactors, purification equipment, media & buffer systems, heat/cooling systems and CIP/SIP equipment.
- Develop and implement best practices and play a key role in improving manufacturing success rates, maintaining compliance, providing for a safe work environment and controlling costs of the manufacturing operations.
- As process SME to provide daily operational support and technical services for the manufacture of biologics products in a cGMP environment including, modifications and changes to processes and equipment, process troubleshooting, root cause analysis and deviation investigation.
- Participate and lead, when required, in all investigations (contaminations, deviations, and discrepancies) relating to the manufacturing process and propose CAPA.
- Propose and evaluate modifications to equipment, processes and operations to improve safety, increase efficiency and enhance company goals.
- Coordinate and manage the commissioning, IQ and OQ phases of the projects. Ensure completed projects and documents/drawings are properly handed over the users.
- Supervise outside contractors to develop and implement Capital projects and plant modification.
- Support customer queries and provide necessary support to address process related issues.
- Involve in new customer tech transfer and risk assessment as process technical resource
- Basic knowledge of key business process such as change control, permit to work, drawing management, documentum etc.
- Support the team on inspection readiness at all time.
- Degree in Engineering disciplines or Diploma with Process Engineering experience
- Relevant experience in the process engineering preferably in Biopharmaceutical or Petrochemical facilities
- Good understanding in process equipment design and operation
- Strong problem solving ability, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.