Supervisor, Warehouse Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening in their Bend, Oregon location for a Warehouse Operations Supervisor. As the Warehouse Operations Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing the daily activity of shipping, receiving, and warehouse functions in a manner consistent with company practice and guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity to join a stable company with growth opportunity as we continue to expand in Central Oregon!
- Supervise the daily work, training/cross training and safety of employees involved in shipping, receiving, transportation and all warehouse functions
- Participate as a member of the production planning team and Materials Review Board to identify material requirements related to production schedules
- Develop/maintain a materials inventory usage and status tracking system, providing metrics as required
- Develop/maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for inventory management
- Lead process improvements in the area that improve safety, capacity, audit readiness, and ensure compliance
- Improve transport systems including on time delivery of samples, equipment, materials to internal customers
- Ensure proper entry of imported goods in compliance with United States Customs and other laws and regulations
- Manage/maintain Department of Transportation (DOT) Hazardous Material Program and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Large Quantity Generator Hazardous Waste Program
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED (General Education Diploma) required. Some college preferred.
- Significant experience managing a warehouse with a track record of coaching, mentoring, and developing a team
- SAP module implementation and rollout experience required
- Proven safety record managing safety systems
- Experience with lean manufacturing projects
- Understanding of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) highly desired
- Experience with Master Control a plus
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time standing, sitting and typing
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.