Project Manager - HR & Strategic Marketing/Communications
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively seeking a Project Manager – HR & Strategic Marketing/Communication to join our team in Walkersville, MD. This individual will develop the strategic HR/People marketing plan to create Lonza Bioscience brand recognition and awareness as a Go-To-Employer both internally to drive retention & engagement as well as externally for current and future talent attraction and pipelining. Internally this role will focus on developing a compelling communication strategy to include updates on key business initiatives and people plans across the network. The long term goal is to create a stronger sense of community within the Business Unit (BU), a sense of purpose and enable employees to have awareness of successes, achievements and growth at the sites encouraging them to stay and be a part of future successes. This position will play a key role in coordinating cross-function initiatives within the Bioscience Business Unit.
- Development and execution of strategic HR / People marketing plan to create Bioscience brand recognition and awareness
- In collaboration with the global talent attraction and marketing functions develop a compelling HR branding campaign, focusing on key sites within the Bioscience network to increase community visibility and improve talent attraction
- Development and execution of an internal communications strategy for the global Bioscience business unit to include key messages of our business initiatives, specific site / people initiatives, strategic updates, sharing successes & best practices – coordinate internal activities relevant for Bioscience employees
- Use appropriate communications channels including newsletters, town halls to share and celebrate successes across the site / BU to create a sense of purpose and community within the BU.
- Coordinate Bioscience recruitment advertising for HR purposes – working closely with the respective HRBP and other HR functions
- Support and/or lead site specific project/campaigns/events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor`s degree or higher in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar field
- Significant years of experience in a similar industry in Marketing or Communications
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Consulting skills
- Knowledge in new technologies
- Great writing skills, conceptual skills, ideally experience as a project manager
- Good social and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, agility, ability to work under pressure, dealing with confidential information
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.