Manufacturing Associate NIGHTS
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Associate I/II is responsible for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins (API) under cGMP conditions. Level I/II associates are expected to execute process recipes, follow written procedures (SOPs), monitor equipment and processes, perform basic laboratory tasks, including pH, conductivity, sampling, and conduct routine sanitization tasks to maintain facility and equipment. They are expected to attain a basic understanding of cGMP compliance while training under close supervision, demonstrating aseptic technique in handling of products and materials.
- Perform water sampling and basic operation of DeltaV control systems.
- Perform 6S and stock each suite daily, clean soiled parts daily.
- Determine production needs and maintain schedule for autoclaved assembles and deliver to suites.
- Perform daily and weekly maintenance activities on analytical equipment.
- Perform weekly and monthly cleans of innoculum rooms.
- Report all activities in written and electronic documents in accordance with good manufacturing practice (GMPs) and good documentation procedures (GDPs), review documentation as appropriate.
- Attain qualification for all assigned tasks and maintain individual training plan
- Prepare materials for transport and delivery to manufacturing suites. Perform material movements into, out of, and across the production areas.
- Maintain facility and equipment through routine cleaning and sanitization.
- Administrative tasks – attending suite shift exchange, meetings, sending/receiving emails, participating in projects, perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead and mentor junior manufacturing associates.
- Perform other duties and suite tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent minimum; AS/BS preferred
- Some working experience/knowledge; some prior experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Proven logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.