Commercial Development Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Commercial Development Manager, you will deliver on the project business case to develop Drug Product business in China by collaborating all of its related commercial & go-to-market activities. You also develop and expand the business in China whilst ensuring strong & profitable capacity utilization in collaboration and alignment with the BU’s Commercial Development, Demand Planning & Operations. You will work closely with the Business Development (Sales), Marketing, and Proposals teams, as well as the site operational functions, to identify, sign, and serve drug product customers in China
- Execute a strategic plan for Lonza to grow its presence in the pre-clinical, clinical and commercial Drug Product CDMO market, and to initiate campaigns together with sales to increase inflow.
- Manager the commercial portfolio. Develop appropriate service-offering improvements & approve margin setting. Actively support during the sales process and negotiation process.
- Actively manage the portfolio of products, with a view to maximizing Gross Profit, through both operational & commercial actions. Strong alignment to Project Management and Value Chain Management functions.
- Work across business units and sites to support cross selling – Drug Product services & Manufacturing.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing to develop and strengthen the necessary skills and tools to support go to market implementation.
- Bachelor degree in life science with advanced science or business qualification a plus
- Strong commercial background with customer facing experience. Technical understanding of Drug Product services to contribute to development of business strategy and tactics.
- Fluent Mandarin Chinese and strong business and conversational English. Ability to identify creative commercial, workable solutions. Proven persuasive communication skills in a highly technical and scientific environment.
- Proven negotiator and agility to work in an early-phase outsourcing market.
- Strong team player.
- Customer focused and results oriented.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.