Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Geleen is looking for a Manufacturing Trainer to join the Operational Excellence team. The Manufacturing Trainer is responsible for providing on-boarding and periodical retraining to Manufacturing or Production Support Operators. Training encompasses, but is not limited to, introduction training, processing activities linked to cell and gene therapy products manufacturing, production support activities and for-cause trainings.
- In accordance with the training schedule and the Manufacturing Training Coordinator, plan and provide manufacturing training.
- Track and report on training plan adherence.
- Report training bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement to streamline training activities.
- Coordinate Mock run, Unit Operation or equipment training related to a specific process or processing step.
- Provide Production Support training (i.e. tool boxing, cleaning…)
- Provides training to external contractors or visitors entering the GMP area.
- In link with the aseptic trainer, ensures best aseptic practices are adhered to, actively participates in continuous improvements and organizes follow-up.
- Provide strong guidance to Biotech and Production Support Associate I and II and project specific and general procedure trainings.
- Interacts constructively with other departments in the scope of his\her work.
- Acts as a role model on GMP compliance.
- Ensures full awareness on latest revision of SOPs and batch records.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Technical field
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong teaching skills. Is able to act as a mentor for new staff members.
- Affinity for team work.
- Affinity for working in cleanroom environment, GMP and good aseptic behavior.
- Understanding specific needs of the manufacturing process.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Strong prioritization and organization skills.
- Collaborate and cooperate effectively with team members and supporting departments.
- Strong problem solving skills. Not only identifies issues, but proposes solutions.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.