Technical Trainer Lead
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an exciting new position available for a Lead Technical Trainer to join our fast growing Manufacturing function in Slough.
The training lead is an important role for the oversight of delivery of quality on boarding and technical training and training in associated GMP standards to staff within Manufacturing. To ensure staff can be effective contributors to this area in a timely manner.
- First level line management role and day to day operation of the training team.
- Foster a positive learning environment through line management, coaching and supporting the team of technical training professionals to drive individual and the technical training teams development.
- Identify improvements to the training program implement continuous improvement activities. Collaborate with other training department leads.
- Troubleshooting any issues identified and working within the department and cross-functionally to propose solutions and resolve those issues.
- Provide technical guidance to the team.
- Ensure the training requirements of the head of fermentation and purifications teams are met.
- Execute and further develop new starter training program in consultation with the area managers
- Co-ordinate and Conduct technical training sessions for staff with due regard to GMP requirements in consultation with the area managers i.e head of Fermentation and Head of Purification.
- Ensure staff training documentation is completed in compliance with procedures
- Monitor the effectiveness of training given by the use of assessments
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent scientific qualification
- Practical training experience in DSP or lab environment
- Previous experience in a manufacturing supervisory role
- Experience training within a GMP environment
- Good previous manufacturing experience in a GMP Environment
- Upstream or Downstream manufacturing experience
- Experience of translating strategy into actionable objectives KPI’s and plans.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.