Maintenance Diagnostic Tech
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Maintenance personnel with advanced knowledge of the HCMs, Training, and the computer systems used within the Maintenance Department. Train all new hire mechanics and prepare them for shift work. Ability to compile, trend, and present data to resolve chronic machine performance issues. Ensure accuracy and quantity of essential parts maintained in Stores and satellite locations. Identify, test and implement improvements to equipment to reduce machine downtime while improving MTBF and functionality. Implement and train on new equipment as the need arises.
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft office programs used to analyze and provide data that will be used solve chronic problems and trends on the HCM’s
• Develop training curriculum and provide said training to new hires before they are placed on shift
• Provide mechanical expertise during meetings and updates
• Implement new technology into HCM’s and document in associated procedures and manuals
• Provide mechanical training to Lead Mechanics on new technology
• Attend engineering meetings to provide mechanical feedback and solutions to issues
• Attend Technology Improvement meetings to resolve chronic HCM issues or discuss design problems for HCM parts
• Maintain constant contact with store room personnel to resolve parts and inventory issues
• Typical work week will be eight (8) hr days M-F, but must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate
• Work closely with engineers and other Maintenance leads to install and test equipment.
• Provide assistance with HCM parts analysis to ensure proper design is followed
• Assist the quality team as they investigate customer complaints and lead/complete CAPA’s, deviations, CR’s accordingly
• Assist engineers with review of mechanical work to ensure proper procedures are followed
• Perform pre-reliability based audit of HCM to identify major equipment flaws that need to be attended to during the scheduled downtime event
• Communicate and work with suppliers and vendors to fabricate and modify parts and equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
• Cover shift work should a major resource deficiency arise
• Perform functions within the CMMS system
• High school diploma required
• Associates degree preferred
• Experienced in maintenance of hard capsule machines
• Must maintain product quality and maintain a safe work environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.