Senior quality engineer equipment
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our Engineering department in Geleen we are hiring a Senior Quality Engineer Equipment. As Quality Engineer Equipment you are responsible for operation, calibration and maintenance (preventive and breakdown) of all plant GMP equipment.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of GMP equipment - QC, warehouse and manufacturing which involves the Engineering and Qualification of GMP manufacturing sites. This includes the Building Monitoring System and Access Control systems in the facility.
- Ensure that this equipment, execution and documentation are efficient and defendable during inspection. Ensures timely response to regulatory issues. Acts as support of contact (SME) to regulatory bodies on audits and regulatory matters pertaining to facility maintenance and upkeep.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all procedures, policies and regulations regarding provided utilities and services.
- Contact person for external service providers performing facility or utility maintenance
- Responsible for coordinating the internal collection of the different waste fractions, even depositing them in the different containers and having them disposed of by an accredited waste processing company to ensure disposal with respect for the environment and with attention to cost control.
- Supervising internal staff and contractors during the execution of maintenance and repair tasks.
- In accordance with business objectives, conducting its own and supervisory activities to comply with the quality, environmental and safety management system, the Good Practices of Manufacturing, applicable legislation and the policy of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Technical field
- Significant experience in working in a GMP environment in an Engineering role
- Excellent technical writing skills and the ability to document all work in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work interdepartmentally in an effective manner to carry out daily duties
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.