Director, Commercial Development Drug Product Services
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Develop and commercialize targeted business approaches and operative pricing strategies for DPS, which facilitates the Business Unit’s expansion strategy. Ensure the BU’s strategy consistently delivers sales and profitability growth targets.
- Develop and expand the BU business by optimizing project portfolio, sold margin, and applying innovative business models and approaches to customer.
- Support together with the sales and business development teams the technical and operational queries, exploring extensions to our standard service offerings, supporting customer discussion and contract negotiations including alignment with other BU’s to foster integrated offering strategy.
- Develop creative business cases and go-to-market strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders to maximize growth opportunities
- Actively contributes to the development of the BU strategy and manage agreed commercial strategic plans to deliver planned business growth goals
- Maintain a strong understanding of the commercial landscape through harnessing competitive and market intelligence input with operational capability to identify and target market growth opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding of business processes in the pharmaceutical industry, desirable in the CDMO environment, like Supply Chain/Materials Management/Logistics,
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality understanding, Project Management (preferably operations and IT/OT projects) Regulatory, GMP, Product Life Cycle Management.
- Able to develop, deploy and implement a global SC strategy in the entire LPBN organization including change management, continuous improvement and process re-design.
- Intercultural experience and ability to act in a complex and rapidly changing business environment within a complex matrix structure
- Experience with change management and Ability to lead a large operations group through change process and maintaining the operational performance
- At least 10 years in a managerial capacity within a large international organization.
- Managerial and operational experience obtained through leading teams/functions in production sites, markets/ affiliates and global functions.
- Strong talent development skills and active interest in the Talent agenda..
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.