Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an exciting new position available for a Informatics Analyst to join us at our site in Slough.
As an Informatics Analyst, you will be responsible for the support of OT technology which supports the operations of the business. This includes but is not limited to, process control & monitoring equipment, laboratory software, laboratory instrumentation and laboratory & plant infrastructure and the implementation of lab robotics.
You must be able to forge an open working relationship with system owners and key members of the Manufacturing and Development Departments, promoting proactive, two-way communication in order to implement best-practice and integration with the IT Infrastructure.
- Support the implementation of OT software
- Improve management of, and access to, business-critical scientific data for all scientific disciplines across Lonza
- Provide hands-on operational support (technology, out-of-the-box configurations, process and content) for installed solutions.
- Author GxP business and technical requirements, use cases, process flow document, create robust test plans and scripts, execute testing, support user acceptance testing, and perform production rollout.
- Responsible for the data integrity and quality/compliance of the core informatics systems
- Support the end user base in using the above software/systems, to assist in search, transformation and reporting of scientific data to customers and management.
- Perform high level system administration of OT systems: managing the user roles, including their configurations, security rights and access rights
- Perform help desk functions for more complex problems, including problem tracking, analysis, resolution, escalation, and coordination
- Educated to a degree level in Biological Sciences, IT, Engineering, Robotics or Bioinformatics or equivalent industry experience
- Specialist / Super User / SME in a knowledge management software, electronic laboratory notebooks or laboratory information systems
- Experience of laboratory computer systems such as LIMS, EWB, LMS, SDMS
- Lab Robotics implementation experience
- Experienced user of MS Office software (such as MS Excel)
- Good Knowledge to Computer Systems Validation
- System implementation, documentation and maintenance.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple IT/OT tasks
- Team Player
- Knowledge of IT computing and security principles
- Excellent communication skills – particularly written English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.