Sr. Process Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer at their Bend, OR location.
- Manage large capital project submission, approval, and execution
- Lead design, construction, electrical, piping and construction activities as it relates to process equipment and facilities
- Coordinate installation and commissioning of facility, utility and process equipment
- Generate and approve design and commissioning documentation
- Select and evaluate vendor and contractor capabilities
- Design, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective and preventative actions
- Implement and commission continuous improvements to production process
- Prepare, execute, and review all engineering documentation
- Prepare and execute change controls and validation protocols for new and existing GMP equipment
- Develop Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs) and execute HAZOP reviews on all equipment, process and systems installations and modifications
- Be a resource for Calibration & Maintenance Program by providing OEM or vendor information for asset induction, maintenance and decommissioning
- Compile instrument and component lists and spare parts lists. Lead asset criticality assessments for reliability program asset induction
- Support 24/7 production operations
- Mentor the development of cross-functional engineering team (process, mechanical, electrical, automation)
- Tech transfer of new equipment and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent engineering education
- Advanced experience required
- Some cGMP related experience required (pharmaceutical/biotechnology preferred)
- Demonstrable strong mechanical, analytical and technical skills
- Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Project
- Strong writing, and communication/presentation skills
- Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
- Successful candidates must be able to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.