Intern - Mechanical Engineering
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an open position for a paid internship as a Mechanical Engineer Intern with our Engineering team at our location in Bend, OR. This is an excellent opportunity to join a challenging, dynamic, and cross-disciplinary team of engineers.
- Support the mechanical engineering, automation, and fabrication team, helping with the design, installation, repair, and modification of pharmaceutical processing and facility equipment.
- Work tasks may include: 2D / 3D CAD drawing updates and design, basic fabrication using hand and power tools, fabrication and electrical / instrumentation shop organization (6S activities), coordination with engineers, machinists, and fabricators to assemble and deliver custom equipment to support internal customers.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university or a recent graduate in a Scientific/Engineering discipline, Mechanical Engineering preferred. (60 credit hours minimum)
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Enthusiastic about the biopharmaceutical industry and learning about industry technology
- Excellent attention to detail and strong aptitude for working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail as well as excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, (SolidWorks preferred)
- Knowledge of 2D CAD, (DraftSight / AutoCAD) a plus
- Knowledge of basic hand, power, and manual machine tools (mill and lathe) is a plus
- Displays good problem solving skills
- Exhibits time management skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.