Laboratory Technician (FTC)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Laboratory technician to work as part of a team providing support services to laboratory based scientists in Slough on a 12 Month FTC basis. Core activities are to ensure equipment is in calibration and ready to use, consumables and buffers are always stocked and the high standards of the lab are maintained at all times.
- Completion of routine (daily and weekly) equipment calibration checks
- Generation of analytical buffers for laboratory methods and processes
- Laboratory consumables stock management - checking laboratory stock locations and points of use and listing items to be ordered.
- Glassware and plastic ware cleaning, maintaining high levels of cleanliness and tidiness in the washroom environment
- Processing of laboratory deliveries, receipt, storage and notifications
- Dispensing of buffers as part of buffer preparation under aseptic conditions
- Autoclaving of laboratory equipment and fermentation feeds
- Generation of large scale buffers for laboratory methods and processes
- Completing housekeeping activities to maintain workplace standards
- Recording of all data and results in specified forms (electronic and paper) with accuracy and responsibility and keeping accurate records with GMP and Data Integrity principles in mind
- Assisting in all activities in laboratories supported by Site Laboratory Services
- Laboratory based Academic or Industrial background
- Previous Laboratory GMP experience
- Lab Instrument Calibration experience
- Buffer solution preparation experience
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.