Technical Sales Manager - Proposals
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Singapore has a new opening for a Technical Sales Manager, Proposals to join our global proposals team. This individual will support Sales and PM in securing new business and will act as a consultant to help customers select the best possible services for their needs.
The Technical Sales (Proposal) team are a critical global group of individuals who support the winning of new business across the seven mammalian sites. The team connects with many groups across the business including Ops, PM, Finance, Planning, Sales, Legal, Commercial Development, Engineering etc., and are responsible for leading the generation of winning cross site, cross technology executable proposals.
- Supports Heads of Proposals with multi-technology; multi-phase, multi-site complex proposals.
- Attend or lead new customer site meetings (some off site meetings may also be required).
- Act as a consultant to help customers select the best possible services for their needs.
- Works with Sales and Program Management in securing new business.
- Responsible for the translation of Customer needs into project scope, timelines, costs (including CAPEX), quotations and pricing by coordinating and working with multiple technical, operational and commercial groups.
- Partner with commercial development and sales to provide technical expertise in customer discussions on new business.
- Sell the Lonza Value Proposition and proposal to the customer, including technical elements (not expected to be an SME).
- Accurately transcribe proposals into asset, resource and financial planning systems as appropriate.
- Connect with other sites and technologies as appropriate to ensure the whole Customer Product Lifecycle joins up into one plan.
- Degree in life sciences or related discipline
- Significant industry experience in a Pharmaceutical company with development, analytics and/or manufacture, with experience in clinical product development and commercialization of biopharmaceuticals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, scientific projects and make sound scientific and regulatory interpretations and judgments
- Experience in generating technical project strategies
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills appropriate to a matrix environment.
- Ability to identify creative commercial, workable solutions.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.