Shift Leader, Gel Prep
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Shift Leader of the Gelatin Preparation department provides direct supervision and leadership to colleagues in the department where gelatin feed tanks are prepared to supply the Hard Capsule Machines, while meeting gelatin standards and customer specifications. This position has full responsibility of maintaining a safe working environment, developing team ownership, coaching individual and team performance to ensure achieving business results and other goals.
- Coordinating team activities through day to day operations.
- Assuring daily review of batch records for compliance to GMP’s.
- Coordinating workload within the shifts as necessary.
- Monitoring productivity and quality of GFT’s.
- Monitoring the job performance of all team associates and providing counseling as necessary.
- Assuring monthly safety meetings are held and issues resolved.
- Tracking team attendance.
- Coaching colleagues to reach maximum potential.
- Correction of quality issues (i.e. color, viscosity, etc.).
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- High school graduate / GED as a minimum requirement.
- Intermediate experience in capsule manufacturing preferred.
- Basic computer skills to include MS office products required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage teams and lead colleagues in the completion of goals.
- Must be able to interact with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Must be able to make timely and sound business decisions.
- Must be able to work in intense situations, manage work stress and pressure
- Must be able to successfully pass a color vision screening assessment
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 35 lbs. on an occasional basis.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.