QC Technologist- In Process Testing (IPT)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a QC Technician- IPT to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The QC Technician will provide test support within the In Process Testing team, ensuring flawless execution of work, ensure the laboratory is maintained in a safe, clean and compliant manner. Will also assist in the completion of quality records (deviations, CAPAs, investigations, change controls), protocols, reports, and revision of SOPs in the QC department.
This is role will be for an initial 12 Month fixed term contract.
- Performs sample testing in accordance with SOPs on a wide variety of samples including in-process, cleanability and cleaning validation.
- Documents all test results in a timely manner. Escalate any issues/delays to Line Manger.
- Ensures all work is carried out in a safe manner and maintains awareness of current safety best practices at Lonza.
- Support the QC department with the completion of investigations, deviations, CAPAs and change controls as needed.
- Ensures Training Profile is maintained up-to-date and in a compliant manner.
- Actively contributes to QC department general lab housekeeping and ensures the laboratory is adequately stocked with reagents and consumables as needed.
- Identify and support process improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need you to have:
- BSc in Science, Microbiology or Biology preferred.
- Basic understanding and execution of HPLC testing.
- Understanding analytical techniques
- Team player, Good time management and Good communication skill
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.