Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Lonza Morristown, NJ site is looking for a Paralegal to join their growing team. This candidate will provide paralegal, project and high level administrative support to the North American legal team. They will work with internal and external clients to help fulfill requests, proactively seek ways to improve processes, solve problems and help teams work more effectively. This role requires discretion, confidentiality and a good understanding of Lonza’s procedures and people as well as the technical and business vocabulary of the areas in which they work.
- Maintain Corporate Housekeeping records, including GEMS database. Prepare and have executed all necessary filings and paperwork in coordination with attorney responsible for corporate housekeeping
- Perform legal research, other paralegal duties and assist in special projects under the supervision of attorneys and Legal Operations Manager
- Develop thorough understanding and knowledge of Lonza legal technology and software initiatives, including Legal Hold software, e-signature, contract administration system and automated contract review software as well as assist in evaluating and implementing other software as future needs require
- Support Matter Management system, ebilling and outside counsel records using matter management technology and Lonza’s financial system (SAP)
- Liaise with business unit finance teams to obtain charge information and details for outside legal fee payments
- Assist in budgeting, accrual process, and other reporting as required
- Provide support to internal clients in review of completed template agreements, including sales agreements, consulting agreements, etc.
- Prepare amendments and other contract correspondence and documents under attorney supervision. Serve as backup for CDA process in collaboration with other team members
- Manage contract approval process and assist in the execution of completed contracts
- Support administrative needs of the department such as execution of Legal documents, invoice processing, expense reporting and other requests as needed
- Handles details of highly confidential and critical nature using tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion to perform other duties within generally defined policies and practices
- Strong Paralegal skills
- Experience with Corporate Housekeeping records, Support Matter Management system, ebilling, providing support to internal clients
- Paralegal degree (preferred), Paralegal certificate required in lieu of degree
- Experience performing legal research
- Willingness to assist wherever needed, including administrative tasks
- Proficiency on standard software (Microsoft Office, Skype)
- Experience with Legal department software (SAP,T360, Contract Insight, Lawgeex) preferred but must be able to learn these systems
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including Senior Management
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.