Senior Field Application Scientist, Licensing
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Field Application Scientist, Licensing to be join our Expression Systems Sciences team to be based from Slough.
This Senior Field Application Scientist, Licensing requires a subject matter expert (SME) in the field of molecular biology and is embedded in the Licensing Business Unit. The main purpose of this role is to provide in-depth scientific and technical support to mammalian expression system licensees, the technical support team and Lonza internal customers. This role plays an important part in showcasing Lonza’s expertise to the external world, helping to solve problems for existing customers and to cultivate a future pipeline of customers. The Senior Field Application Scientist also supports Lonza’s innovation strategies, both through internal innovation projects and through in-licensing of differentiating technologies.
- Provide scientific and technical expertise, in Molecular Biology, needed as part of the development of mammalian cell culture processes for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins
- Lead resolution of issues (technical, scientific, IP, regulatory, etc) that have affected, or have the potential to affect, mammalian expression system licensees from developing mammalian cell culture processes for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins
- Includes responding to and guiding customers through basic use of Lonza technologies
- Providing guidance and training to the technical support team for resolution of issues, ensuring a sustainable talent pipeline in this key area
- Provides scientific and technical support in the promotion of Lonza’s technologies to help acquire new customers and retain mammalian expression system licensees
- Promotes Lonza technologies and / or supports mammalian expression system licensees (e.g. GS manual, GS expression system website)
- Ensure technical data in promotional materials, especially in Lonza’s digital presence, is maintained up to date
- Train and mentor the next generation of scientists to support the BU at conferences and activities / initiatives designed to promote Lonza technology
- Support Lonza’s innovation strategy by working closely with R&D groups and Licensing on the assessment of new technologies
- Working with appropriate colleagues, enhance, maintain, develop and ensure protection of Lonza’s IP portfolio in relevant areas
What we need you to have:
- PhD Qualified within relevant subject, can be MSc/BSc with extensive industry experience.
- Extensive hands on industry experience within Molecular Biology
- Ability to recognise and disseminate information about emerging trends (scientific, technical, IP, etc.) in SME area that impact Lonza’s ability to acquire / retain new customers
- Strong knowledge of IP and patent landscape within Molecular Biology
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Previous experience working with external customers an advantage.
- This role will involve upto 25% Global travel
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.