Teamlead Operations (m/f/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Ibex® Solutions (www.ibex.lonza.com) is a modular build complex to develop and manufacture biological products. It enables companies to get access to a complete solution, gaining speed and achieving a simplified value chain.
The Ibex® Complex is our contribution to the medicine of tomorrow and possibly the next step in your career? Start your career with Lonza today.
As a team leader, you are primarily responsible for the personnel management and development of your employees. You are also responsible for the daily tasks in the production. In a very dynamic and agile work environment, you will form a team consisting of academics and non-academics. Furthermore, the Ibex project is still in the development phase and so new employees from different countries / cultures are often hired. Due to the special interface function between management and production, this position is fundamentally important for the long-term success of Lonza. There are also regular exchange meetings with other team leaders in order to optimize efficiency together. You are responsible for training and coaching your employees, conducting performance reviews and actively supporting their further development. You are part of the management team in the respective area (USP / DSP) and use your experience to actively help set up the team and the system.
Your main tasks:
• Leading, assessing, coaching and developing employees
• Setting priorities and allocating resources to meet deadlines
• Participation in the investigation of deviations and improvement projects
• Guarantee of security, GMP compliance etc.
• Creation and timely implementation of training plans
• Recognize, interpret and correct deviations
• Comparison of cross-company process steps (relationships, dependencies, processes)
• Administrative tasks such as managing shift handovers, inspections and creating instructions
• Several years of professional experience as a shift team leader, deputy or system specialist in organic production
• Next level Deputy Shift Team Leader
• Comprehensive knowledge of production processes and interrelationships in a large production area with detailed knowledge of all process steps and systems
• Installing and handling manufacturing plants
• Comprehensive knowledge of process engineering
• Coordination of resources and work processes
• English fluenty (written and oral), German fluently big advantage
• Structured, focused and organized way of working, assertive and motivated, working independently, flexible and resilient.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.