HVAC Maintenance Mechanic
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The HVAC Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for preventive maintenance of Air Handlers, Walk-in Cold Room and Freezer systems, periodic inspections of HVAC systems to ensure proper operation and perform daily checks/repairs in compliance with company and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment and will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practice requirements to include detailed documentation of work performed in both electronic and written form and will routinely use the TrackWise electronic Quality Management System. Utilize Building Automation System (BAS) for alarm management, troubleshooting and HVAC building controls.
- PERFORMS ALL WORK SAFELY.
- Executes routine work orders as assigned by HVAC Supervisor/Lead Mechanic.
- Execute moderate to complex troubleshooting and repair of plant and utility systems in the Portsmouth manufacturing facility and assist/coordinate contractors and vendors to ensure equipment is maintained in full operational status.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of HVAC and laboratory equipment in the Portsmouth manufacturing facility.
- Maintains records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining current training on all related aspects of job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience in a related maintenance environment preferred.
- A working knowledge of shop math, ability to read and write. Intermediate mechanical knowledge.
- Can troubleshoot, use hand tools and can read complex mechanical, piping, electrical and equipment drawings. Basic computer skills are required. The ability to comprehend and apply Standard Operating Procedures on a continual basis in all facets of the job.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.