Technical Trainer Lead - Cell Therapy
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity the Cell Therapy. This position designs and delivers classroom, hands-on and blended learning for GMP manufacturing technician using established Lonza policy and Standard Operation Procedure.
The individual works independently, pro-actively completes project activities, communicates with subject-matter experts of different areas of knowledge, makes recommendations for improvements in training strategies, and demonstrates strong knowledge and application of adult learning principles in design and delivery.
Technical Trainer Lead will act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in aseptic techniques and training modules.
• Conducts technical hands-on training in, but not limited to, aseptic technique and behavior, aseptic gowning technique, cleanroom behavior, basic contamination control and disinfection, manufacturing in a cGMP and ISO classified spaces such as formulation, filling, Environmental Monitoring, inspection and laboratory and personnel safety.
• Manages Learning Management System (LSO) for tracking training compliance percentage, gap identification, activation/de-activation of training modules.
• Tracks training KPIs and reports results to the team and management.
• Performs change control evaluation with respect to training.
• Acts as SME for aseptic techniques and training in any Operation Excellence (OE) improvements.
• Acts as SME during investigation related to Human Error.
• Identifies and implements areas of training improvement with asset leadership.
• Develops Learning and Qualification Modules (LQM), training presentations/aids and support materials with help from other technical SMEs.
• Reviews and updates training materials to ensure effectiveness of training as required to ensure compliance.
• Identifies, assesses, and coordinates as appropriate outside training vendors and resources, if required.
• Liaisons with appropriate stakeholders to identify technical training needs and expectations, monitor progress, address gaps and resolve inconsistencies in training requirements for the department.
• Performs assessment of the new trainings and ensures proper maintenance of the training road map.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Engineering field
• Advanced experience training in manufacturing environment
• Advance experience training in biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
• Effective communication skills.
• Understanding and practice of GxP
• Excellent Aseptic Technique, Laboratory Skills.
• Technical writing skills.
• Presentation skill.
• Computer software skills (ie LMS learning management systems, TrackWise, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, database and spreadsheet creation).
• Organizational, strategic planning and time-management.
• Change promoter.
• Ability to influence without direct reporting structure.
• Developing and motivating others.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.