Computational Structural Biologist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Computational Structural Biologist with experience in developing structural bioinformatics tools/pipelines to join Lonza's Applied Protein Services (APS) Bioinformatics team based in Cambridge, UK.
- The successful candidate will develop innovative bioinformatics tools to support companies in their R&D programs and optimize proteins for the manufacturing processes.
- You will contribute to the in silico assessments and computational design of diverse types of molecules i.e. biologics, biotherapeutics, enzymes, and vaccines for customers ranging from small biotech to big pharma.
- You will gain experience on our proprietary platforms to assess molecules immunogenicity (Epibase®) and manufacturability profiles, and provide protein engineering solutions.
- PhD in Computational Chemistry, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Informatics, or a related field, preferably with experience in industry.
- Proven track record in programming languages such as Python and Perl is essential (R and Matlab is a plus).
- Strong experience in developing and implementing novel structural bioinformatics algorithms is desirable.
- Experienced in protein structural analysis (strong understanding of molecular interactions) with emphasis on protein structure-based design is an advantage.
- Ability to generate high quality reports and promote effective communication with the customer.
- Advanced analytical and critical problem-solving skills, combined with scientific creativity.
- Interest in continuous improvements of processes by integrating innovative solutions.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in written and oral English, and strong, written, oral communication skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.