Bioinformatics Senior Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior Bioinformatics Scientist with experience in Structure-based Protein Engineering and Bioinformatics to join Lonza's Applied Protein Services (APS) Bioinformatics team based in Cambridge, UK.
- To perform expert sequence and structure based risk assessments.
- To perform in silico developability risk assessment (manufacturability and immunogenicity) and antibody humanisation and deimmunisation, immunogenicity using Lonza’s proprietary.
- To perform computational antibody and protein engineering to design and/or modify potential biotherapeutics for customers.
- Support APS with structural bioinformatics assessments.
- Program/script to support the development and maintenance of proprietary platforms and algorithms.
- Support APS with EWB related queries.
- Share responsibility for maintenance and update of software, databases, systems and servers.
- To author high quality reports for clients and in-house development work.
- To communicate project updates to internal and external clients.
- PhD in Computational Chemistry, Structural Biology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, or a related field, preferably with experience in industry.
- Highly experienced in protein structural analysis with emphasis on homology modelling and protein structure-based design. Strong understanding of molecular interactions is essential.
- Strong skills in programming languages (knowledge of Python and Perl is essential; R and Matlab is an advantage).
- Familiarity with biomolecular simulation techniques is a plus.
- Ability to generate high quality reports and promote effective communication with the customer.
- Advanced analytical and critical problem-solving skills, combined with scientific creativity.
- Interest in continuous improvements of processes by integrating innovative solutions.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in written and oral English, and strong, written, oral communication skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.