Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
- Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring/operation, preventive maintenance, ad-hoc repair of electrical system.
- Provides electrical technology support to manufacturing, utility and engineering services during routine and shutdown maintenance work; and product switch-over in support of plant operations.
- Execute daily routine and repair work orders as assigned.
- Ensure all routine maintenance works are duly carried out as scheduled and in compliance with Engineering standards and procedures.
- Perform shift if required and respond on-call for maintenance/service breakdown and support ongoing operations.
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and carry out basic repairs.
- Supervise vendors/service providers activities for daily routine electrical and maintenance work to ensure equipment is maintained in full operational status.
- Management of electrical system for operations and maintenance and spares.
- Perform regular equipment inspections to feedback on status. Execute/supervise repairs/upgrading works to enable smooth handover and minimize disruption to production schedule.
- Apply and close work permits with Area/System Owners for vendor/service providers.
- Maintain all site electrical in optimum condition in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) & EHS requirements. Ensure all GMP documentation related to maintenance activities is completed accurately and processed to full completion.
- Communicate to Supervisor/Manager when encounter non-compliance issues including work delay, breakdown, missing parts etc.
- Supervise and train junior Electrical Technicians on electrical and fire alarm system to improve their knowledge.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor/Manager, including but not limited to the above
- Bachelor in Science, Electrical related major
- Extensive related working experience in pharmaceutical/Biologics business; Professional in electrical system, e.g. diesel generation, HV/LV cabinet, transformers.
- Electrical qualifications/license. Both HV and LV.
- GMP knowledge particular on utility and facility area.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks.
- Good troubleshooting skills on electrical issues.
- Able to understand and communicate simple English.
- Good at CAD.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.