Senior Staffing Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Senior Staffing Manager, you will work closely with local SGIE Project Manager, to drive the workforce planning and staffing of Strategic Growth Project in GZB in collaboration with Global HRBP SGIE. You will work closely with the Recruitment Delivery Team and other HR Centers of Excellence needed to help ensure on-time hiring of growth project resources.
- Establish and execute staffing plans for GZB. Leverage talent acquisition resources to ensure strong and robust pipe-line of both internal and external talent exists to fill existing and evolving team staffing needs
- Lead and coordinate Workforce Planning and Staffing for Growth Projects (SIGE) in GZB
- Define Hiring Plans for Strategic Growth Project lead by SGIE in close collaboration with Global and local HRBP from the respective division/BU that owns the investment.
- Collaborate with Talent Attraction/RPO partner teams to ensure that their respective resources/funding is in place to ensure on-time hiring of growth project staff
- Drive and monitor the hiring for Strategic Growth Projects executed by the RPO partner and intervene when corrective measures are necessary, including DP and DS expansion, and other growth projects in GZB
- Report Hiring Progress of the Strategic Growth Project
- Support Marketing activities (link with TA (Sally), Marketing Recruiter Lead, etc.) on social media champion, campus recruitment, etc.;
- Acquire understanding of business requirements and objectives, and to align HR objectives and personnel flows with these objectives
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed
- Bachelor or above, majoring in Human Resources Management.
- Extensive HR working experience especially in Talent acquisition management; Pharmaceutical & biotech industry knowhow is definitely an advantage.
- Good knowledge of HR operation, labor law and China business environment
- Well-organized team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- A quick leaner, adaptable to changes
- Willing to take additional workload and can work under high pressure
- Proficient in PC applications including MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint; experience in HRIS is a plus.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.