Mechanic, Support Services
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Mechanic, Support Services will perform general troubleshooting and repairing of Hard Capsule Machines (HCM’s) for breakdowns and quality issues. They will work in a team environment requiring flexibility with on call schedule and mandatory overtime.
- Monitor the shift performance and overseeing mechanical resources
- Oversee or carry out difficult repairs
- Drive shift results
- Maintain and communicate shift expectations
- Train and develop Mechanics
- Perform mechanical duties as directed
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Perform general troubleshooting and repairing of Hard Capsule Machines (HCM’s) for breakdowns and quality issues
- Examine machine components for wear/damage and replace/rebuild if needed and take self-initiative to maintain equipment to standards
- Respond to trends in quality and machine performance
- Must take self-initiative to learn existing and new equipment and must maintain training compliance
- Must follow all safety and cGMP guidelines
- Perform mechanical and very basic electrical duties needed to achieve department goals
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner with a positive attitude
- Successful completion of the 3 part mechanical testing
- Previous Manufacturing maintenance, mechanical or technical experience
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.