Controls & Automation Engineer
United Kingdom, Slough
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an exciting new position available for a Controls & Automation Engineer to join our fast growing Engineering function in Slough.
The Controls and Automation Engineer will provide technical support to the Lonza site and in addition act as an SME within the Lonza Slough and Cambridge control systems. Within this role you will required to provide strategic and operational expertise to the CAPEX project teams. There is also an expectation that as member of the Operational Technology Team, you will scope, plan and deliver improvement projects using internal or external resources.
- Fault finding and repairing/replacing/configuring instrumentation and controllers (PLC,DCS).
- Collaborate with equipment vendors and contractors to troubleshoot and resolve startup issues.
- Complete reports on technical scopes when needed.
- Understand process control issues and develop control solutions to enhance process with Manufacturing Engineer.
- Maintain PLC/DCS.
- Provide emergency responses to downtime events impacting the Production facility.
- Ensure calibration tasks are completed to the agreed timelines and records are maintained to GMP standards.
- Schedule tasks to meet the requirements of the job.
- Making sure all the work is carried safely and following SOPs and policies.
- Supervise external vendor/contractor activity to make sure it meets the site requirements.
- Work in a collaborative manner with all stakeholders, providing information when needed in a well communicated manner.
- HNC or equivalent qualification or Industry based experience
- Knowledge of Wonderware/AVEVA, BMS, and SCADA platforms at basic troubleshoot level
- Experience supporting incidents and being the point of contact with vendors and whilst supervising projects deliverables and vendors.
- Relevant industry experience
- Basic Windows Servers knowledge
- Knowledge of GMP systems and compliance.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.