R&D Program Manager
United Kingdom, Slough
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an exciting new position available for an R&D Program Manager to join our growing R&D team at either our site in Cambridge or Slough.
The successful candidate will support R&D Bio with major projects and will have responsibility and accountability for the operational aspects of cross discipline R&D projects.
As R&D Program Manager, you will have responsibility and accountability for the delivery of innovation programs consisting of multiple projects whilst working with approximately 30 stakeholders across multiple disciplines and roles. This role requires an individual who excels in leadership, communication, influencing and management. Responsibilities include delivery to timelines, monitoring budget spend, risk and issues, reporting and escalation of any deviations from the plan. The successful applicant will be able to transition information, organize people and projects, work packages, deliver, and build project plan.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with multiple stakeholders, locations, work packages with overlapping deadlines.
- Assume responsibility of program and project delivery holding team members accountable.
- Maintain accurate live program and project information and status through regular team meetings.
- Collaboratively overcome potential bottlenecks in required resources (people and equipment) and capacity commitments and obtain buy-in of all relevant stakeholders.
- Previous experience in program management with proven ability to deal with complex projects, tight timelines, budget constraints and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a CDMO environment with good knowledge of mammalian production technologies.
- Demonstrated results-oriented and driven behaviors.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Documented ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrable strong leadership and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a matrix organizational structure in biologics /biotech industry
Note – This role will primarily be Remote based after the initial introduction into the business, however a degree of flexibility to travel (20%) to either UK based Lonza sites or sites based internationally will be required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.