Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical - Nights 12 hr Rotating shift
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Mechanical and Electrical Mechanic performs both Maintenance Mechanic and Electronics Technician job. Must be able to troubleshoot, repair, and adjust all different types of equipment throughout the plant. Completes both jobs on any given day.
Rotating Shift Hours: 7pm-7am
Week A ON: Mon &Tues, Fri -Sun / Week B ON: Wed & Thrs
Rotating Pattern: 2 days ON, 2 days OFF, 3 days ON, 2 days OFF, 2 days ON, 3 days OFF
- Perform general troubleshooting and repairing of Hard Capsule Machines (HCM’s) for breakdowns and quality issues
- Examine machine components for wear/damage and replace/rebuild if needed and take self-initiative to maintain equipment to standards
- Respond to trends in quality and machine performance
- Must take self-initiative to learn existing and new equipment and must maintain training compliance
- Perform mechanical and electrical duties as directed by Senior Lead and/or Lead Coordinators.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Perform bar changes as directed
- Perform daily PM’s, verifications, and quality checks
- Must maintain cleanliness of HCMs and work area including tools
- Must follow all safety and cGMP guidelines
- Must be able to interact and communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and 12-hour shifts, including weekends, holidays.
- Associates degree required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- Must be able to make good business and quality decisions with little to no notice
- Perform mechanical and Electrical duties needed to achieve department goals
- Follow work instructions to support/execute PM, PDM and breakdown maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned. Troubleshooting, analyzing, installing, modifying and repairing machines with little to no supervision.
- Perform assigned calibrations and preventative maintenance.
- Work from and modify technical prints and other documentation.
- Be able to work as a team member in a high pressure environment for extended periods of time.
- Responsible for keeping accurate and up-to-date records on all equipment.
- Training maintained to 100 %
- Must be able to effectively use equipment as needed to remain safe from electric shock and prevent damage to equipment
- Accurately and completely recommend revisions to prints and documentation.
- Provide program (code) change support when required.
- Must be able to apply OSHA and NEC codes at all times.
- Be able to climb and work from ladders and be physically able to lift and carry objects weighing 30 to 50 pounds.
- Responsible for inventory of electronic parts for maintenance any project purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.