Cell Therapy Facilities & Engineering Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston has a great opportunity for a Cell Therapy Facilities and Engineering Specialist. This individual will be responsible for maintaining facilities, general repairs, maintenance of equipment and instruments, including cleanroom HVAC systems. This person will be expected to gain understanding of sterilizing autoclaves, purified water systems and analytical instruments to ensure that the equipment is appropriately maintained and operating as required for pharmaceutical production and testing
- Performs general repairs throughout facility including painting, plumbing and light electrical.
- Repairs, installs, troubleshoots, calibrate and documents work performed on instruments, process control systems, and equipment used in manufacturing and analytical labs.
- Assists in mechanical service calls and in-house repairs throughout the facility and grounds.
- Ensures scheduling work activities with manufacturing staff to minimize the impact to production activities
- Participates in new equipment start-up to ensure it meets all operational requirements and/or parameters
- Support Deviation, Preventive Action and Change Control efforts.
- Perform task in clean room environment in compliance with applicable gowning procedures.
- Technical Degree (Associates) required Certifications are preferred as well. Experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred. Combination of education and experience considered.
- Advanced related experience in maintenance of facilities, calibration, sustaining support to manufacturing operations
- Preferred certification as Electrician, AC tech, others related to Facilities/Maintenance.
- Working knowledge in CMMS and MS Office; working knowledge in SAP preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills. Demonstrated strong ability in problem solving and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Must be able to act decisively. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team structure
- The ability to work in a fast paced rapidly changing environment. High level of professionalism and helpful with staff at all levels within the organization on a regular basis
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.