Intern, Product Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an open position for a paid internship with the Product Development team at our location in Bend, OR. The position will be a 3-4 month term, with a full time commitment preferred, but part time commitment considered.
- Work independently and carry out assigned duties effectively
- Ensure all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean and in proper working order
- Organization and storage of laboratory supplies
- Complete routine laboratory procedures such as, but not limited to; cleaning and restocking glassware, properly disposing of pharmaceutical waste, cleaning and preparing dissolution baths, etc.
- May assist in setting up and/or conducting routine tests using standard techniques under the direction of a Scientist
- May assist with calibration, maintenance, or troubleshooting of instruments under the direction of the Instrumentation and Technique Specialist
- Adhere to development quality systems and standards to ensure a safe work environment and processes
- Assist and support GMP QC or AMDV in routine maintenance/calibration of specified instrumentation under the supervision of an Instrumentation and Technique Specialist
- Restocking, cleaning, and tracking inventories
- Keeping the lab running as efficiently as possible
- Maintaining accurate and precise lab records for data analysis and traceability
- Planning and executing an individual project to be presented to the team at the end of the internship
- Other responsibilities as required
- Currently studying biology, chemistry, engineering, or a related life science (60 credit hour minimum)
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Enthusiastic about the biopharmaceutical industry and learning about industry technology
- Interest in take ownership of project aspects
- Displays good problem solving skills
- Exhibits time management skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.