QC Scientist/Sr. Scientist- Raw Materials
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a QC Raw Material Scientist to join our growing QC team. As our QC Scientist, you will act as a senior team member of the Quality Control department to support technology transfer, validation, deviation support, and investigation projects. You will also be performing high-level laboratory work and will be the Subject Matter Expert for one or more of our disciplines. This role works with both internal and external clients and will work with training on internal analysts.
- Perform assay work for transfers/validations/investigations/routine testing of Raw Materials
- Document writing for transfers/validations/investigations
- Ensure success of method post technical transfer, to include: Training of
personnel for execution and review, reviewing of data, completion of
- Leads set up and verification of electronic equipment/templates/forms for
- Participates in project team meetings
- Drive assigned projects Independently to on-time completion
- B.S., M.S./M.Sci, Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, or related discipline. Advanced degree (MS+) preferred
- Intermediate previous experience with wet chemical and spectroscopic (e.g. FTIR, Raman) techniques
- Intermediate previous experience with titrimetric and KF water content techniques
- Intermediate previous experience with HPLC, UPLC, and other chromatographic techniques used to separate, identify, and quantitate complex mixtures
- Significant previous experience working in a raw materials testing laboratory in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.