Senior Plant Controller
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity in the Cell Therapy group.
The Senior Plant Controller is a key member of the asset leadership team on two manufacturing sites in North America, Houston TX and Portsmouth NH, as the finance business partner to the Cell Therapy business which is part of the Cell & Gene Technologies Business unit. The candidate should be a strong business partner, with demonstrated ability to be an effective change manager able to implement processes and controls in this rapidly changing environment.
• Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Engineering
• Masters degree a plus
• Impactful business partner to the Asset heads and asset leadership teams across two sites
• Effective change manager with the ability to implement and manage robust processes and controls, whilst driving standardization
• Manage financial performance of the asset, including KPI development, and annual budget setting
• Responsible for coordinating and executing monthly closing and reporting activities in accordance with IFRS
• Understand key drivers of the business, delivering productivity improvements and initiatives to improve results
• Provide costing and pricing information to support contracting process
• Design and implement an effective control framework
• Ensure sites remains compliant with internal and external policies
• Involved in any area to provide key financial support in order to steer decisions (e.g. develop business cases to support major capital investment projects)
• Ensures their team(s) support the execution of business strategy and/or specific objectives
• Leads multiple complex initiatives simultaneously to successful conclusion
• Demonstrates high integrity and accountability for his/her area ensuring team(s) actions and decisions are aligned to business objectives
• Quality should be the responsibility of all persons involved in Manufacturing. Adherence to cGMPs is required at all times during the manufacture of cGMP products.
• Defines and introduces systematic approaches to track customer key metrics and ensures implementation within his/her business area(s)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.