Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an exciting new position available for a Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to join our fast growing Engineering function in Slough.
The Controls and Instrumentation Engineer will provide calibration & process control support for Manufacturing/Development and Utilities at the Slough site. This is required in order to consistently conduct maintenance to enable safe, compliant and reliable equipment and systems.
- Assess criticality, write and review calibration procedures for new instruments.
- Plan and manage the calibration schedule to ensure agreed calibration frequencies are met with no overdue or late instances.
- Assess instrument performance, when required (i.e.out of tolerance calibrations) review the frequency of calibration to ensure quality requirements are maintained.
- Write and review SOPs to ensure the quality systems associated with calibration and controls meet best practice and conform to GMP.
- Calibrate Instruments in line with the calibration plan.
- Follow the prescribed SOPs and where the SOPs are found to require improvement, raise the necessary change controls and upgrade the SOP accordingly.
- Provide calibrations training to wider team
- Specify and design equipment control systems as part of a capital investment project team.
- Write User Requirement Specifications and review functional specifications from suppliers to ensure the functionality of the systems supplied meet GMP and business requirements.
- Support operations by fault finding and troubleshooting controls and Instrumentation faults.
- Use extensive knowledge of process, systems and equipment to identify the root cause of a fault.
- Supporting multi-million pound equipment which is scheduled to produce 65 batches each worth in excess of £1m; perform Planned Calibrations/PPM, scheduling, work orders, technical support, Purchasing, Continuous Improvement
- HNC or equivalent qualification or Industry based experience
- Experience and knowledge of Calibrations and their purpose and why they are so important
- Experience with equipment such as Incubators, Centrifuges, Heat Blocks, PH Meters, Digital Temperature Indicators, OQ Product Installations etc.
- Experience supporting incidents and being the point of contact with vendors and whilst supervising projects deliverables and vendors.
- DCS experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of GMP systems and compliance.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.