Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently seeking an Expert Biotechnologist on a 12month FTC basis, who wishes to continue a technical career path within Manufacturing, whilst gaining exposure to career progression without direct line management responsibility. The role is based at our manufacturing site in Slough and requires someone with expert technical knowledge of the plant / environment and a willingness to form collaborative working relationships with other areas (including strong links to the engineering department)
- Manufacturing Representative for Manufacturing Projects, providing support to ensure a successful implementation.
- Trouble shooting problems, investigating deviation events and proposing corrective and preventive actions to be undertaken.
- Regular liaison with representatives from other areas or sites within the business.
- Participate in technical equipment and process training for operations staff.
- Degree or equivalent means of demonstrating ability with significant experience in industry or a relevant academic environment.
- Comprehensive manufacturing experience in a relevant area and good experience in a manufacturing supervisory role.
- Manufacturing principles including technical specialisms relating to Fermentation and Purification.
- Understand the implications and relevance of company policy, external legislation and regulation on working practices.
- Good organizational and strong problem solving skills to understand how to diagnose and determine the causes of faults in plant, systems and components.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.