HCM Process Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Capsugel - now a Lonza company - designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health & nutrition industries. We partner with more than 4,000 customers in over 100 countries to create novel, high-quality and customized solutions that align with our customers’ evolving needs and benefit patients and consumers.
- To set the specifications for the HCM including dip program gelatin temperature, gelatin viscosity, kiln temperature, static pressure, pin lubrication, machine speed and so on.
- Determine the causes and lead the effort to solve manufacturing problems. To conduct studies, analyze results to make the capsule production process stable and provide written reports.
- To serve as the technical resource for shift leaders and inform operation group of new equipment, new processes and new procedures
- To initiate and evaluate process improvement projects. Provide feedback to production manager on performances of new equipment and recommendation of innovation.
- To coordinate size changes for HCM
- Responsible for process improvement continuously
- To assist production manager with administrative duties and reports
- To participate in and conduct planning for shutdowns and starts as required, ensuring the plan running orderly and efficiency
- Provide technical and operating information to division as required
- Responsible for constituting SOP for operators & shift leaders. Responsible for training of operators and shift leaders
- To organize and maintain the OAS and Luge pump system，To specify and order parts and supplies as needed
- To set control limits for processes under SPC control within the production room
- Responsible to request maintenance and repairs to production equipment
- Education: Bachelor degree above, major in Engineering or related Science.
- Junior working experience in manufacturing industry required. Familiar with SPC.
- Logic thinking and good team player.
- Able to read and write English
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.