United States, Wayne (Pennsylvania)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has a new and exciting opportunity for a UX/UI Developer. The UX/UI Developer is responsible for the front end design and development of Lonza Bioscience’s customer facing website. This person will be responsible for defining and delivering specifications to development team for web and ecommerce design for our B2B digital platforms (web, mobile, app) as well as leading UX design efforts. This will include development and integration of user interfaces for multiple platforms and consumers. This person will work closely with project management and business to determine and prioritize project requirements across all web development activities to ensure business objectives are met. Interact with business personnel, project managers, IT and developers with regards to planning technical and development changes.
- Lead development activities including front end design and development of website to improve customer user experience
- Coordinate with eCommerce, business personnel and external vendors on development and implementation on web related projects
- Liaise between the business and web development teams. Responsible for user research, design processes (eg high fidelity wireframing/prototyping), visual design and interface design. Primary platforms: Hybris and SiteCore.
- Subject matter expert and support best practice for website and eCommerce user experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues and external consultants on web design, user experience, ongoing improvements for deployment. Liaise between the business, IT and web development teams.
- Responsible for user research, design processes (i.e. wireframing/prototyping), visual design and interface design.
- Support business with best practice in user interface design/development and integration of social media and digital marketing
- Lead development and development resource planning in an Agile environment, ensuring status of projects are effectively communicated and deadlines met to meet business goals.
- Work with Data Analytics to evaluate performance and usability to inform UX requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Web development and design
- Experience developing mobile user interfaces
- Determining information architecture
- Ability to do wireframe (hi-fi design and determine) and user journeys
- Working experience with site content management/digital asset management tools
- Software development processes (i.e. user journey research, design, development, test, processes and methodologies).
- Application test design and scripting
- Incorporation of user customer feedback
- Prior experience with search engine optimization and social media content development (with digital direct response marketing)
- Managing development teams/project management teams in Agile (Scrum) format
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with user experience front of mind
- Familiarity with Hybris (preferred), SiteCore, Adobe Creative Suite and Tools.
- Familiar with MVC application architecture
- Preference for experience in one or more of the following: Figma, Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.