Senior Manager, Digital Analytics
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza has an exciting new opening for a Senior Manager, Digital Analytics to join our Bioscience team! This individual will work closely with leaders across Digital Commerce, Sales, and Marketing to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They will use advanced analytical techniques, data modeling, and predictive modeling to interpret key findings from the customer buying journey and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes. The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by Lonza Bioscience and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units.
The Senior Manager of Digital Analytics plays a key role in driving digital initiatives. This role works with the team to determine analytical needs and the tools to address those needs, determining both the critical measurements of success for Bioscience’s digital strategy, and the means to implement continuous improvement of the digital experience for our customers.
- Develop Lonza Bioscience’s digital analytics strategy with the Digital eCommerce team and extended business to create a roadmap for success in our digital order to cash strategy.
- Oversee design, development, delivery, and maintenance of reporting systems, dashboards, performance metrics, data automation systems, and data models that support key business decisions.
- Design and build technical processes to address the comprehensive analytical needs to understand the customer’s digital buying journey, including but not limited to:
- Digital marketing campaign effectiveness
- Social media, social marketing and website channel traffic reporting and analytics
- Sales pipeline analysis, including multi-session attribution
- Digital marketplace and channel partner ecommerce digital referral and engagement with customer
- Analysis of the effectiveness of specific digital marketing techniques, website, and ecommerce features
- Customer e-commerce buying behavior and purchasing analysis, relative to prospect, stakeholder, and customers’ comprehensive experience, with the goal of improving prospect conversion, customer retention and identification of “best fit” customers and prospects with relationship expansion opportunities
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing, and product teams.
- Engage with IT to optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Project management of the full lifecycle of integration design, development, and deployment
- Support our business to increase our online transactions and as part of our ecommerce strategy through digital and predictive analytics
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders across Commercial teams to ensure prioritization of integrations and KPI’s
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline (Data Science strongly preferred)
- Certifications in any of the following are strongly desired: SAP, Salesforce, Marketo, Adobe Creative Suite, Power BI, SQL Server
- Supervisory experience leading a technical team with cross-functional collaboration
- Significant experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data with the following experience:
- Experience with data visualization tools: Power BI, Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc.
- Familiarity with data warehouse/mart design principles
- Reporting experience with Salesforce and Marketo and/or SAP Business Warehouse/SAP4HANA as data sources
- Experience programming with querying languages: SLQ, SAS, etc.
- Advanced Excel and/or SQL Reporting Server analytics experience
- Familiarity working with C, C++, JAVA, or other programming languages
- An ideal candidate will also have some or all of the following experience:
- Experience with big data tools: Teradata, Aster, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with enterprise analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics
- Experience with testing tools such as Adobe Test & Target
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.