Business Development APAC Director (Location Malaysia/Thailand)
Opportunity in Lonza (Location Malaysia/Thailand):
DIRECTOR APAC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Position
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Together, these enable our customers to deliver their discoveries in key areas:
Microbial Control Solutions serves consumer and technical markets by safeguarding resources and peoples’ wellbeing. We are a trusted and innovative supplier of microbial control solutions and chemical technologies used in a wide range of industrial and consumer solutions. Our vast product portfolio of microbial control and chemical technologies offer quality products backed by technical and regulatory expertise, meeting our customers’ current and future needs.
Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is looking for a Regional APAC Business Development Associate Director based in Malaysia or Thailand to fill in Microbial Control Solutions Asia Commercial Team. This position requires the incumbent to develop strategic growth initiatives at both regional and sub-regional level, be one of the key voices to internal and external stakeholders and communicate a clear roadmap of growth for the APAC region and is an effective business-partner to the APAC regional head in all business development and growth activities
- Identify growth opportunities and strategic initiatives across the region and sub-regions by working closely with the local sales and marketing teams
- Work closely with R&D in the development of new strategic initiatives and product development – report on progress
- Develop a solid understanding of APAC CRM (Salesforce) technical work requests that offer business development activities in order to leverage learnings and new sales across the region
- Create an internal stakeholder network amongst other regional heads in Europe and Americas in order to leverage sales, product launches, R&D activities and regulatory barriers and enablers in order to arrive at a suitable roadmap of new opportunities for APAC
- Coordinate the learnings of marketing activities from sub-regions and EMEA/Americas, in order to capture new potential BD activities in APAC
- Create a dashboard of BD activities and report on a monthly basis progress
- Be the key business partner to the regional head – take opportunities to understand the core business today; financials; market drivers; BSR and the short-term opportunities and risks
- Create an APAC business development strategy that communicates our ambitions for the next 2 to 5 years
- Be ready to get involved in other projects outside core BD responsibilities as and when needed, e.g. acquisition of new companies or technologies
- Be a key member and influence of the APAC commercial leadership team. Challenge the status quo
- Develop proposals to the leadership team for investment in the region
- Drive continuous process improvement for better visibility of regional commercial pipeline
- Build platform across APAC to share best practice and cultivate collaboration across the region
- Bachelor or Master Degree in related field with Mandarin speaker
- +10 years of experience, with a preference for those with a background in marketing, strategy, and business development; MBA strongly preferred
- Solid commercial acumen; the ability to spot opportunities in markets and to close them through a solutions-selling approach
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Mature personality, teamwork, positive attitude, self-disciplined, communication, motivation, and problem-solving skill.
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.