Senior IT Application Expert (Sales and Distribution / O2C)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
- Analyze and prioritize user requirements, advise internal stakeholders in terms of SAP SD, approve concepts and specifications, organize and facilitate workshops, oversee configuration and customization of systems, work out test plans, contribute to the creation of test scripts, test execution and training documentation, lead trainings and data migration activities, control global process and system governance, adhere to GMP and quality policies.
- Manage the development service in projects. Partner with system development providers, train them in terms of Lonza standards and guidelines, perform the hand-over of technical specifications, advice and monitor the realization of software programming, perform quality control of deliverables.
- Organize the integration of system enhancements into existing IT business applications: Liaise with internal customers, ensure testing and transfer into productive operations. Responsible to transfer new applications to the support organization. Delegate common incidents and problems to the IT support organization. Provide 3rd level support for complex incidents. Contribute to the resolution of critical / urgent incidents. Organize professional solution of problems.
- Take over accountability for SAP SD. Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of Lonza custom IT business applications. Get familiar with newest generation IT solutions and advise internal partners on innovate IT technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience in SAP SD, and the integration to other SAP modules like MM, FI, CO
- System configuration knowhow in SAP SD, and basic ABAP knowhow
- Excellent understanding of the business processes in Order-to-Cash
- Preferably experience with S/4 HANA and the technical concepts regarding SD (like business partner concept or BRF+)
- Excellent understanding of the business processes in SAP SD and intercompany processes
- Well-versed in IT Project Methodology
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.