Lead Engineer, Instrument Calibration
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is currently recruiting for an experienced Calibration Engineer, based at our Tuas site. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the role will be responsible for calibrating and troubleshooting GMP instruments as well as setting up calibration programme in Tuas manufacturing site.
- Perform and review instrument related alert/alarms that related to GMP instruments that are critical to the production system and proactive activate calibration technicians to attend to these alert/alarms.
- Review and ensure low voltage components (24VDC or less) components of Control panels are adequately stock out and assist control team in coordinating Preventive Maintenance of these control panels
- Perform preliminary troubleshooting/recovery for any instrument related failure along with Calibration technicians
- Perform electrical & instrument troubleshooting support, and participate in run root cause investigation.
- Assist Calibration Management in approving Instrument Data Sheet (IDS) for new, retired/decommission instrument.
- Perform review executed Calibration Work Order (CWO) and SAP Work Order.
- Review of Calibration Procedures to ensure they are aligned to existing calibration methods; propose recommendation for changes in term of GMP requirement or instrument technical adequacy.
- Provide support to MFG in term of instrument related technical enquiries, instrument obsolescence; recommendation for new instruments based on user requirement etc.
- Assist and manage Asset Change Control.
- Conduct basic instrument technical training (e.g., Emerson Asset Management System) to calibration technicians.
- Perform assessment and closing Change Control Tasks related to calibration activities.
- Support MFG Deviation Investigation team in addressing any technical instruments enquiries and assist in deviation investigation to identify root cause.
- Support Out of tolerance Investigation for instrument calibration carried by calibration team as well as any external calibration vendors that engaged by respective stakeholders from MFG/QC, etc.
- Contact person to investigate and write-up for Deviation related to instrument issues/failure.
- Execute CAPA assignments and to ensure timely completion.
- Responsible to setup calibration program for new instruments on SAP PM and drives continuous improvement for existing equipment.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering /Chemical/Electrical/Computer Science/IT
- Significant working experience in a Biotech or related pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in GMP Deviation investigation write up is critical.
- Able to perform fundamental basic instrumentation troubleshooting
- Able to perform good write up on investigation report that meets GMP Quality requirement
- Good fundamental knowledge on instrument and DCS/PLC system relationship
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.