Quality Supervisor - Raw Materials
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QA supervisor (Raw Materials) is critical to the site, in providing leadership to the QA Raw Material team. The team is responsible for providing quality oversight of Raw Material Management and the Release process. The Quality Supervisor – Raw Materials, supporting the Hayward facility, is responsible for scheduling, planning, and assurance of on-time delivery of the release of raw materials in compliance with all cGMP and regulatory requirements. Quality Supervisor – Raw Materials manages the work load of Quality Raw Material Specialist.
- Scheduling, planning, and assurance of on-time delivery of the release of raw materials in compliance with all cGMP and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures a safe work environment for employees to perform their duties.
- Creating, reviewing, and approving Quality documentation including Raw material specifications.
- Performing updates to materials specifications.
- Manages raw material deviations/CAPAs.
- Effectively work with local teams to provide technical support, expertise, leadership in overseeing the release of raw materials.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to personnel, if applicable.
- Schedules and attends department and site related meetings to assure delivery, adherence to quality systems, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Initiate deviation events as required in the deviation management system.
- Take ownership of quality commitments and drive to on-time closure.
- Support Change Control system.
- Act as quality record owner as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Biological sciences or similar area of study
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech GMP experience preferred
- Demonstrates effectiveness and timeliness in task completion, decision-making, empowerment of others, exception management, training, problem solving, and team leadership.
- Written and oral communication, listening skills; independent and self-directed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Can drive innovation both internally to the department and external to the division.
- Maintains positive attitude. Tolerate challenging workloads and fast pace environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility.How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves.At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment.Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.