Senior IP Counsel -- Business Partner
United Kingdom, Cambridge
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Legal Counsel with IP knowledge to join us in Slough or Cambridge.
If you have in house experience of securing and maintaining IP rights and international exposure, this could be the role for you.
- Decides and directs IP strategy aligned with Business Unit Strategy or R&D program strategy.
- Drives product-development teams in an IP-minded way; creates business advantage.
- Leads, supervises and/or coordinates competitive IP-intelligence projects for area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads IP strategy team which may include other IP attorneys, R&D and business team members.
- Negotiates, structures and drafts MTAs, IP license agreements, R&D agreements and other IP-related agreements, and provides IP input regarding CDAs, and other agreements.
- Negotiates and drafts IP terms in commercial contracts (MSA, DSA, DMSA etc.) and decides on deviations from standard IP terms.
- Supports IP Due Diligence in M&A projects.
- Decides and delivers necessary IP training required in area(s) of responsibility as business partner.
- Qualified Patent Attorney (or equivalent) and/or Qualified Attorney at Law (JD or equivalent) - If Patent Attorney: US, UK, CH, DE, EP (or equivalent). If Attorney at Law: US, UK, CH, DE (or other relevant jurisdiction).
- Scientific Degree (Masters or PhD preferred) - Technical: Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry.
- Experience of Corporate IP Department
- Experience of contract negotiations
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.