Team Lead, Process Analytics
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be supervising an established Process Analytics team within Development Services in Lonza Singapore, focusing on for scheduling and delivering projects in a timely and efficient manner, coaching and mentoring junior members of the team and driving innovative technological improvements in order to streamline and enhance the workflow in generating analytical results to support process development.
The Development Services group is responsible for the development and characterization of manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The Process Analytics team provides rapid analytical support for cell line selection, upstream and downstream process development and process characterization studies using routine test methods alongside automated high throughput assay platforms.
- Lead a team of 5 to 8 FTE and have a genuine interest in developing high performing individuals, providing hands-on technical training.
- Coach, train and mentor members of the team to assist in their development, providing a transfer of knowledge for robust succession planning.
- Plan and prepare for projects, schedule tasks, assign duties to analysts to meet project timelines to ensure flawless and high quality delivery of analytical testing support for process development and process characterization studies across multiple parallel clinical phases (IND) and late stage validation (BLA).
- The role holder should have demonstrated experience with methods and instruments used for analysis of in-process and final product therapeutic recombinant proteins such as, icIEF, CE-SDS, HPLC (SEC, HIC, CEX), ELISA, qPCR, etc., including high throughout versions.
- Demonstrate expertise and breadth of knowledge across a variety of test methods.
- Reviewing process development proposals, review reports and presentations including scientific data to maintain the highest level of quality standards.
- Proactive response to the changing demands coming from the process teams as data driven decisions are taken.
- Working as part of a site and Lonza global process teams, co-ordinate multiple parallel projects and ensure timely delivery of project work stages.
- Facilitate improvements and implementation of new technology in Process Analytics in alignment with Lonza global process teams.
- Lead internal improvement/automation/lean lab projects.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions post project completion to identify and recommend improvements
- Maintenance of test method life cycles, analytical equipment, and related technologies and/or systems.
- Technical review of data generated by others highlighting any unusual or atypical results and leading appropriate investigations.
- Degree/PhD in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Significant years of work experience or PhD with postdoctoral experience in therapeutic recombinant proteins.
- Experience leading teams (ideally ≥ 4 direct reports) is required.
- Practical laboratory experience in analytical testing for antibodies or proteins is required although training will be provided.
- Understanding of theory and application of protein production and purification.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good team working skills.
- Good understanding and application of cGMP concepts is an added advantage.
- Experience in a QC analytical in-process and release testing support in biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment and automation of laboratory systems would be beneficial.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.