Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting new role for a Reliability Engineer in Walkersville, MD. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, operation and improvement of the Reliability and Asset Management Programs for the Walkersville cGMP manufacturing facility. The Reliability Engineer, reporting to the Head of Technical Functions, will manage all aspects of system/unit life-cycle, including failure analysis, and ensure that the highest levels of reliability, quality and performance are observed. The Reliability Engineer also supports global LPB sites for the promotion and development of reliability activities, methodologies and knowledge.
- Supports the site Reliability Program. Implements and improves applicable predictive maintenance technologies, reliability engineering methodologies, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), criticality assessments, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Operational Excellence efforts centered on reliability.
- Provides support and guidance to maintenance personnel, engineers, Quality Assurance and LPB (Lonza Pharma & Biotech) global networks on mechanical reliability issues on cGMP and non-cGMP equipment identified during design phase, installation, or normal operations. Transfers lessons learned, knowledge and best practices to global LPB sites.
- Develops and implements sustainable programs, tools, and processes to improve plant operability and reliability, assess equipment failures and recommend appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyze asset performance data from available sources to identify reliability issues and develop engineering solutions to improve asset health and reduce risk. Solutions may include maintenance strategy modification, equipment modification, or asset replacement. Assists Engineering with the development of the business case to support capital investment for asset replacement.
- Participates in the design, development, and optimization of asset maintenance plans for new and modified assets to ensure reliability and maintainability.
- Manage outside contractor resources that perform Predictive Maintenance techniques and monitor the repair recommendations originating from contractors for technical accuracy and proper prioritization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) is preferred
- Significant Reliability Engineering experience in manufacturing environment
- cGMP experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Business systems and mechanical knowledge a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), criticality assessments, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM),
- Experience with SAP PM CMMS preferred
- Experience with Visio and Minitab a plus
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.