Senior Salesforce Engineer
Senior Salesforce Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Salesforce Engineer, responsible for designing and developing customized solutions within the Salesforce platform. Will demonstrate an understanding of software engineering concepts and be responsible for working on full lifecycle engineering efforts using Agile methodologies, object-oriented design, and accepted design patterns and practices.
- Meeting with project managers to determine business, functional and technical requirements and participate in application design, configuration, and deployment.
- Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce platform using Apex and Visualforce to deliver highly interactive UI.
- Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training and documentation. Guide users in formulating requirements, advise on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised processing analysis. Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans).
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform.
- Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Act as a point of escalation for Service Desk ticketing for advanced issue resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related areas.
- Certification in Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Developer, App Builder.
- Advanced - 5-10 years of experience in IT and/or Business Services
- Advanced - 5-10 years of experience in Salesforce Project Development
- Proficiency and experience with Salesforce administration and development.
- Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform (Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, Unit Testing).
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.).
- Prior experience with data migration and ETL/integration tools a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM/KANBAN.
- Excellent understanding of the business processes and concepts being used.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.